(to) make it right
Sửa lỗi (khi vừa làm sai hoặc làm tổn thương ai đó)
I don’t know why you thought it would be so funny to throw eggs at Mrs. Murphy’s house. She’s only been nice to you. You need to make it right.
Tôi không hiểu tại sao bạn lại nghĩ rằng ném trứng vào nhà Murphy là một điều vui thú. Bà ta đối xử tốt với bạn. Bạn cần phải sửa lỗi của mình đi.
Make it up to you là gì?
make it up to (one)
- To do something to make amends to one for a transgression against them or some disappointment.
- I”m so sorry for missing your recital.
- I promise that I”ll make it up to you somehow. I know you”re disappointed about missing the movie, but I”ll make it up to you.
- 2. To perform a favor for one as a means of repaying them for a favor they performed in the past. I don”t know how I”ll ever make it up to you for all the kindness and support you gave me after my father passed away.See also: make, up
make something up to someone
- to make amends to someone.
- I”m so sorry. I will do what I can to make it up to you. I will make it up to them.
- Don”t worry.See also: make, up
make up to
Make ingratiating or fawning overtures to, flirt with, as in She was always making up to the boss”s assistant. This usage was first recorded in 1781. See also: make, upSee also:
make it up to someone
do something for someone to compensate for an unfulfilled promise or debt I can
make into make it make it (one’s) business to (do something) make it (something) make it (to something or some place) make it a double make it a rule to (do something) make it a rule to do something make it as far as (something or some place) make it big make it business to make it hot for make it hot for (someone) make it hot for somebody make it hot for someone make it known make it one’s business make it or break it make it rain make it snappy
Make it snappy! make it some place make it to make it two make it up make it up to make it up to (one) make it warm for (one) make it warm for someone make it with (someone) make it with somebody make it worth while make life a misery (for one) make life difficult make life difficult (for one) make life miserable for make life miserable for (one) make light of make light of (something) make light of something make light work of make light work of (someone or something) make light work of someone make light work of something make like make like a (something) and (do something) make like a banana and split make like a bee and buzz off make like a tree and leave make like someone/something make like…
make good time make hay while the sun shines make head or tail of something (usually negative) make headway make it make it better make it big make it snappy make it up to someone make it worse make light of make love make me do it make me sick/mad etc. make mention make merry make mincemeat of